Hey there! We’re hiring at my own small agency, Modern McGuire Productions, for a developer position. We have a small team of 4 devs, and have reached a point where we have an acute need for a senior-level developer.
We’re a tight-knit, fully-remote team mainly producing Laravel projects for our clients. We also dabble with mobile app development with Flutter, perform light maintenance on a few lingering WordPress sites, and also build out internal tooling.
What we offer:
- Salary range is $90-105K/year, paid weekly
- Fully-remote position
- Full-time (40h/week)
- Paid time off, paid sick time, Christmas through New Years off, and other holidays
- No unpaid overtime and needless after-hours Slack pings; we’ll protect your personal time
The perfect candidate:
- must have top-notch Laravel experience, but isn’t afraid to work with Symfony or WordPress if needed
- optionally has Flutter (iOS/Android) and/or Vue.js/Nuxt.js experience as a huge plus
- has the ability to dive into unfamiliar code and quickly arrive at some hypotheses for solving a given problem
- is a self-starter who can self-manage and self-organize by breaking down larger tasks into actionable steps – but knows when to reach out for help, if needed
- is comfortable working with third-party APIs – both familiar, and unfamiliar
- is adept with Bootstrap, including utility classes, to whip up simple layouts (Tailwind handiness is also a plus)
- has somewhat of an eye for usability/aesthetics, to know when something is rough around the edges, and knows how to improve it
- is an excellent communicator and has great attention to detail – and mentions racquetball in their first message to us
- is familiar with working in agency environments – specifically, inheriting sometimes less-than-stellar codebases, being receptive to client feedback, hitting deadlines, etc.
- is optionally comfortable working with clients directly, if needed, to help understand their business needs while intaking their requirements